Friday, July 15, 2011

Memory Verse Mayhem

Two individuals surprised me by their memory verse knowledge one day in the middle of the summer.

Each week at camp we give a Memory Verse for the campers and staff to memorize.  We normally have a "Memory Verse Challenge" towards the end of the week to encourage everyone in their Scripture memory.  (And by 'encourage' I mean that we get staff members messy if they don't know their memory verses.)
  • A camper who is usually not the best at paying attention recited Joshua 1:8 in its entirety and nearly perfectly.  Check out the verse... because I was blown away.
  • Male junior counselors are normally not known for their ability to memorize verses.  (In fact, they are usually the ones to get messy... I mean 'encouraged'... )  But on this day I watched a male JC recite nearly all of our memory verses word-perfect.

God's word memorized!  Super!

No comments:

Post a Comment