Friday, April 15, 2011

Two? I give up. Three? I'm still going.

Last September I started meeting with Friend #1 and Friend #2.  We've met weekly (missing a few weeks hear and there) through the end of 2010 and up to the present.

I was surprised by how much Friend #1, dis-impressed me as we attempted to follow Jesus together.  I just didn't see #1 showing much real fervor to know God.

About two months ago I was ready to jump-ship on Friend #1.  I had had enough of him not doing much, and was ready to find someone who had a desire to grow. Enter Friend #2.

Friend #2 had been there the whole time, but at the same moment I wanted to bail, he fully engaged Friend #1 and got us all to read 'Sexual Detox: A Guide for the Single Guy.'  Friend #2 realized that #1 needed to be challenged in the area of sexual purity.

So thanks to Friend #2, we're all continuing to follow Jesus... together.

No comments:

Post a Comment