Thursday, September 15, 2011

Camper Applications

The last week of the summer one of our staff members led a skill group in which campers could practice being staff members.  One part of this skill group was filling out staff applications.  (They literally filled out our summer staff applications.)  Some of their answers we're actually pretty cool:

In answer to how they became a Christian:

It happened at camp when I was 6. It was with Ashley, one of my favorite counselors.  I was baptized in March of 2011. I could tell that I was closer to Christ after that. And that also made my Grandparents closer to him.

When I was a little girl I went to camp of champions. I always wanted to be a staff member. I didn't know about Jesus so I learned about it and I accepted him in my heart.

In answer to how they have been growing spiritually:

He has drawn me closer to Christ by meeting other Christians and having my mom help me through hard times.


He is teaching me how to not steal and lie.  I lie a lot but he stopped me and I don't do it often. I became closer to God by learning about him in church!

No comments:

Post a Comment